cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access mail anymore

Bounder123
Joining in

Absolute nightmare this .

I am using a third party app called Blue mail and for some strange reason it won't let me access my emails even though my email address which is ntlworld.com and password are correct .

Virgin are aware of this problem ,only just started happening,it works fine accessing emails through the main virgin media website but not on a app like blue mail 

4 REPLIES 4

Vinegar
Up to speed

‘VM are aware of this problem’, they just aren’t able to help you are they?

The good news is that if you have access via webmail, then your mailbox is all intact and working. VM recently made a fundamental change to their email provision, going forward you have to create a new ‘app specific’ password to be able to use your email with any third party application.

Off the top of my head, I can’t recall exactly how to do this step by step, but a search of this forum will find posts setting this out.

Another issue you will find is that when you try to sign into the myvirginmedia.com portal to do this, it wi require you to set up a non-VM branded email address to be used as the login name going forward. So I’d do this first (a free gmail or Outlook address would do fine).

For some odd reason VM made these changes but forgot to a) publicise them to the poor suffering customers, and b) seem to have neglected to inform their own customer service staff of it!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bounder123 

You can find detailed instructions here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Resolved it with the help of you guys .If you access your emails through a third party app like bluemail and change phones it will not accept  thr same password as VM using the VM website.

This has only changed in the last two weeks so more and more people as they change phones will come across this  problem. 

Even people from VM didn't  know about the change in passwords if you  are accessing emails through an  app.

You now need two passwords ,one for the app and one for the VM website to access emails.

Very confusing and annoying. 

Hey Bounder122, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am so sorry to hear this.

However I am glad the community have helped and this is now fixed. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?