Menu
Vickycook
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can’t access emails on iphone

In the past few months it seems that I can’t access my ntlworld emails on my phone. When I try it says ‘account error cannot get email’

I’ve tried multiple times to delete the account and try again but it still isn’t working.

The settings I have are:

Name: my email

Email: my email again

imap.virginmedia.com

SSL ON

Server port:993

smtp.virginmedia.com

SSL ON

Server port: 465 

Please if anyone could advise why this isn’t working I would really appreciate it

Thank you!

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t access emails on iphone

@Vickycook wrote:
Please if anyone could advise why this isn’t working I would really appreciate it

I'll say straight away that I do not have an iPhone so I cannot give you specific iPhone advice.

However, the first thing I would suggest is to check that your Ntlworld email account itself is still working. 😉

Sign into the Virgin Media Webmail account from here, https://mail.virginmedia.com  using your email address and the password you have used in the email app settings.

If you can access the email account at least you now know the issue is with email app on your phone and not the email account itself.

If you cannot access the email account, my first question would be "are you still a VM broadband customer?" if not then VM may have closed your email account down because it is not attached to a live broadband account.

However, if you cannot access the email account but you are still a VM customer, try resetting the password by clicking on this link to   Forgotten password You will need to enter your Ntlworld address as the username and then answer the security questions when prompted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t access emails on iphone

Hello Vickycook

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear this has happened 

How are things looking now

Let me know if you still need help