Menu
TS2D
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can’t access email

I get an error message, through imap, when trying to access my email account. Can send emails, but inboxes do not refresh. Can anyone help?

thanks

0 Kudos
TS2D
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t access email

Hi, a very worrying follow up. My account may have been hacked. My Virgin Media password and security question answer have been changed. Can’t even reset security question because the system doesn’t recognise the details when entering account number, and last bill details and I know these are correct. Extremely worried now-please help!

0 Kudos
TS2D
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Follow up:

Phoned the CS team, email account unlocked. Got through straight away! All fixed

0 Kudos
TB3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you phone CS team ? I have the same issue 

0 Kudos
TS2D
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone 150 from a VM phone line. My email account was locked because suspicious forwarding rules were applied. Essentially, someone was receiving emails. The stupid thing is, VM send the account locking email to your primary address, which you can’t see until the account gets unlocked! I have read that some people have been scammed, via their eBay or Amazon accounts, fortunately I was lucky this time. Once yours gets unlocked, check all your email settings. I hope this helps