Menu
Hannahhaines
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can’t access blueyonder emails

Hi, 

I can know longer access my blueyonder emails please help! I normally go from my Mail app on my iPhone but since Friday morning it no long refreshs, also tried on Virgin website but it does not reconise my details. Please help! 

Thanks,

Hannah 

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t access blueyonder emails

It not recognising your details is a bit of a concern.

Are you a current VM broadband customer? If so can you try logging in to the my.virginmedia.com portal with your main account email address and password, seeing if the email address in question is associated properly with that account and if so reset the password on it.

Instructions for this can be found in the following thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

0 Kudos
Hannahhaines
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I am not a VM broadband customer. I’ve had this email address for as long as I can remember and set it up when blueyonder was it’s own seperate company. So strange for it all of a sudden not to be working. It’s linked to all my accounts and I have actively been using it so I really don’t know what’s happening!

Thanks,

Hannah 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

all non customer virgin emails are being deleted as you must have a broadband account under the terms and conditions, if the deletion process has not gone too far they  may be able to give you temporary access to the account to retrieve all your messages and change providers smoothly, you can check if your email is still valid here https://verifalia.com/validate-email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hannahhaines
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I have just checked the validity of my email address through the link you provided and it still says that it is valid so I assume it has not been deleted? 

I would have thought they’d have to inform me about deleting my blueyonder email address too as this is the one I use for everything.

thanks,

Hannah  

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hannah

VM will argue that they did inform you, as it was clearly in the Ts & Cs which you would have agreed to that use of email accounts was dependent on keeping a (now) VM broadband subscription and that the mailbox would be deleted some 90 days after you leave.

VM have done themselves no favours by not always being able to stick to this timetable and have allowed email addresses to linger on and be used until such time as they get swept up in a periodic cleanup, which it seems that yours has done.

The fact that the mailbox appears to still be receiving mail, isn’t as helpful as it might seem, yes the mailbox itself might not yet have been deleted but it seems that the username and password which you use to access it (ie the email address and password) has been disabled pending deletion or already deleted. In which case there’s no means for you to access the mailbox and it’ll just sit there until it itself is deleted.

There is a very slim chance that a member of the forum team can take a look and see how far the process has got and may (and I stress may) be able to reactivate it (if it hasn’t been deleted already) or a strictly temporary basis - and this might be a few days or weeks, but it absolutely will go again and this time permanently.

I will escalate this to the forum team who hopefully will contact you to see what might be done.

John

0 Kudos
Hannahhaines
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jon. 

This would be very distressing as this has been my email address my whole adult life and is linked to many accounts. Do you think this would be possible to keep this active if I link this to my parents Virgin media account?

Many thanks,

Hannah 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Hannahhaines wrote:

Thanks Jon. 

This would be very distressing as this has been my email address my whole adult life and is linked to many accounts. Do you think this would be possible to keep this active if I link this to my parents Virgin media account?

Many thanks,

Hannah 

I'm afraid it isn't possible to link an individual email address to another customers broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Hannahhaines

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I was sorry to read about the email issue. 

Thank you @jem101 for replying, everything they've said is correct. 

I will however send you a PM to double check if we can get you access albeit even temporary. If we can, due to it being an orphan email account, it will more than likely be deleted asap, so I would advise migrating everything over, saving any emails etc asap. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos