cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access an Instagram account that was linked to an old Virgin Media email address

stitcher
Just joined

Several years ago I opened an Instagram account with a Virgin Media email address (we had Virgin Broadband services at the time).  Since then, we've changed Broadband providers and I've tried to change the email address associated with the Instagram account to one that I'm currently using.  However, in doing so I appear to have locked myself out of the Instagram account as I can't access the old Virgin Media email address to verify that I want to change it (apparently they send an email to the old account that you need to verify).  I've tried logging into the old email several times and it won't let me log in.  I've also tried emailing the old email account from a current email address and there's no bounce back so I'm assuming the old email address is still there in some capacity.  Can someone advise me on what to do please?

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @stitcher 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with an older email account.

As you've advised it's not listed on an active account this may cause an issue as potentially deleted/awaiting to be deleted.

I'll send you a PM to see if anything can be done but there are no guarantees.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Doesn't Instagram have an alternative way of verifying your account with them? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.