cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access Blueyonder email account

HannahBourne
Joining in

Hi there, I can’t access my Blueyonder email account. The password seems to have been changed. Have I been hacked?  We are virgin media broadband customers… Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hannah, thank you for getting in touch to raise this to us. 

Thank you for the community for all their support so far, and for gathering additional information. I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can look into this further for you. 

I just want to set the expectation that as the email address was linked to a no-longer active email account it may have become orphaned and not be retrievable. You can read a thread about orphaned email accounts here. 

I will do everything I can to try and help support with this. You will find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

All the best!

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HannahBourne wrote:

I can’t access my Blueyonder email account.

So what error message do you get when you try to sign into that email account via the Virgin Media Webmail service? Try using this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  Enter the email address and the password that you have been using.

If you get the "Your mailbox is not available..................try again in an hour" error message that suggests that the account has been locked by Virgin Media for some reason. To unlock the account you should follow all of VM's advice given here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-to-access-email 

If you get the error message  "We didn't recognise the username or password "  that might suggest that someone has changed the password and your first step should be to try to change the password using the method outlined in that same link.

Post back here with what you find.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks Coenoby, It was as you outline below.

If you get the error message  "We didn't recognise the username or password "  that might suggest that someone has changed the password and your first step should be to try to change the password using the method outlined in that same link.

But when i pressed on the 'forgotten password' link, it didn't recognise the email address i entered either...

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HannahBourne wrote:

But when i pressed on the 'forgotten password' link, it didn't recognise the email address i entered either..

That sounds as if your Blueyonder account is not linked to your current VM Broadband account and could possibly have been closed or deleted.

You could check that by signing into your"My Virgin Media" account, that's the one where you can view your latest VM bills etc, and seeing if it is listed there.

You can do sign in to that from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

Once you have signed in go to Account settings and then Account details and then see if that Blueyonder address is listed under My profile or Manage Accounts

Post back here if it's not listed and the one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will need to check out what has happened.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

I think my Blueyonder account was  linked to a different account we had a few years ago.

The account then got closed when we temporarily stopped Virgin Media, and now we have the new account and blueyonder is not on there. 
Hopefully the VM team can figure out how to get it again!

many thanks for your help coenoby 🙂

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HannahBourne wrote:

I think my Blueyonder account was  linked to a different account we had a few years ago.

The account then got closed when we temporarily stopped Virgin Media, and now we have the new account and blueyonder is not on there. 
Hopefully the VM team can figure out how to get it again!

That's the answer, VM are closing down email accounts that are not linked to a live broadband account and that looks as if that is what has happened here.

If it has been closed as the "username not recognised" error strongly suggests, then sadly it may not be possible to get it back.

I have escalated this thread to the Forum Team for them to check it out and advise what your options are.

Coenoby

Hi Hannah, thank you for getting in touch to raise this to us. 

Thank you for the community for all their support so far, and for gathering additional information. I will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can look into this further for you. 

I just want to set the expectation that as the email address was linked to a no-longer active email account it may have become orphaned and not be retrievable. You can read a thread about orphaned email accounts here. 

I will do everything I can to try and help support with this. You will find my PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

All the best!

Molly

Thanks so much Molly. I’m just getting my husband to help with the account code and mémorable name that you requested as he was the account holder. 
I’ll get back to you asap. I so appreciate your help!

hannah 

I am having the same issue 

I’ve followed all the advice and get nothing. 
hoes to an empty page saying forbidden.

I’ve been locked out of my emails for 2 weeks now and cannot access via any means. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Fiesty, 

Thank you for your post here! 

Sorry to see you've had the same problem here - I will send you over a private message so I can confirm some details with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.