cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Bluehost hosting or emails when connected to VM

helloAndreLeon
Joining in

When I use my mobile data on my iMac running macOS Catalina, I am able to access my domain name emails and access cPanel on Bluehost hosting service. However, when I connect to Virgin Media, I get these messages:

Mac Mail:

Connections to the server “mail.xxxxxxxxx.com” on the default ports timed out.

Bluehost:

This site can’t be reached cpanel-box5321.bluehost.com took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall

I've spoken to Bluehost and there are no issues on their end. This appears to be an issue with ports or a blocked IP. Please advice.

This happened after I reinstalled a new version of macOS Catalina.

11 REPLIES 11

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @helloAndreLeon,

Thank you for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Have you been able to see if you're able to connect to your emails using another device? Are you also able to try connecting via another Virgin Media/Mobile connection?

I'm also going to speak with our Internet Security Team to see if I can get any further information as to why this is happening. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to post your traceroute result for cpanel-box5321.bluehost.com; if appropriate redact before posting?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Have you looked into this yet Reece. I am having the same problem. Its nothing to do with any other device, or any other wifi, or anything else, its your service thats blocking me accessing my bluehost domsin generated emails on my mac, please tell me whats causing this as it is adversely affecting my Business at present

helloAndreLeon
Joining in

This somehow just resolved itself, I don't know how or why, but 24hours after I posted this, everything was working fine.

Yes this happened to me too, but then it will recur periodically. Who knows when the next time will be and when it happens its very annoying. Reece I still await your response

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read the problem resolved itself. Should the it occur again a traceroute maybe of help to determine the cause.

What’s a trace route??

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

traceroute shows the path network traffic take from the device to a specific host or IP Address and is useful when troubleshooting issue like that raised here; on macOS traceroute can be used either via the Terminal or Network Utility application.

You’re gonna need to Give me a step by step guide on how to produce this