Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 41 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

OK you are using part hack and part solution. Let's hope that VM solve the main issues so you can go back to the virginmedia.com servers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 45
Flag for a moderator

No. Hack now reversed - password authentication now switched back on.
VM password changed (well not changed, but highlighted and over typed the old one with the same old one)
Still using smtp.blueyonder server
Thunderbird working just like it was over a week ago.
iPad allowed me to add my blueyonder acc (l deleted it last week but couldn’t add it again)
iPhone had been left limping along, receiving but not able to send but now also working fine
I can now die happy although waiting for a reply from either Mockridge or Schuler

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help over the past week
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 43 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi BTVM,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is now resolved. I'm really glad you've got everything back up and running.

Please don't hesitate to give us a shout with any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@Rachael_F wrote:

Hi BTVM,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is now resolved. I'm really glad you've got everything back up and running.

Please don't hesitate to give us a shout with any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

So, now the question that’s on everyone’s lips................what was the cause of the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Still having heard nothing from anyone in respect of the cause of such a long outage and lack of information and/or updates from VM, I forwarded both my (unanswered) emails to the new CEO to BBC Watchdog.

Coincidentally, I picked up a voicemail from Lutz Schuler’s office 4 hours after I had forwarded the unanswered emails to the BBC. The caller said they would call me back the following day. True to their word, they did and apologised for the outage and lack of communication throughout and inconvenience caused. They pledged to investigate the issue with a view to improving service levels In the future. A compensatory gesture was also offered and accepted.