Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 10.04K
  • 1.1K
  • 4.81K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,182 Views
Message 31 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Duplicate post.

Did you not read what I said in reply to your original thread here?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-media-email-not-sending/td-p/4007413

Sending mail using e-mail clients isn't working and hasn't been working for a few days now. 



As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped



0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 69
  • 0
  • 27
Dialled in
1,129 Views
Message 32 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems sending email using a mail client

Just changed my passwords and VM say they will helpfully send an email to my blueyonder address not that I can get it! Log into outlook and it says failed. Just IMAP failed no VMxxx code. Says contact ISP I may as well try calling the pope it will be as much good 😞
Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 22
On our wavelength
1,067 Views
Message 33 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY


@Graham_A wrote:

@NickyBB   When you sign into My Virgin Media with the blueyonder address and click on My Profile you will see several sections to the page.  In the top section it shows the 'username', further down the page is a section 'Virgin Media mail'.  Are the username and the Virgin Media Mail address shown in the two sections the same?


Just checked mine and they are the same.

Webmail works but is an 4rse to use on a phone.  

I can receive but cannot send anything using any of 3 different email clients and smtp.blueyonder.co.uk on 3 separate devices. Windows Mail is the only client where the alias is xxxx.xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk and the servers are: imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 and smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1 respectively. 

I hope this helps?

Highlighted
  • 12.49K
  • 1.65K
  • 5.57K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,047 Views
Message 34 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY


@BTVM wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@NickyBB   When you sign into My Virgin Media with the blueyonder address and click on My Profile you will see several sections to the page.  In the top section it shows the 'username', further down the page is a section 'Virgin Media mail'.  Are the username and the Virgin Media Mail address shown in the two sections the same?


Just checked mine and they are the same.

Webmail works but is an 4rse to use on a phone.  

I can receive but cannot send anything using any of 3 different email clients and smtp.blueyonder.co.uk on 3 separate devices. Windows Mail is the only client where the alias is xxxx.xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk and the servers are: imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 and smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1 respectively. 

I hope this helps?


Have you changed your password again recently in the light of the latest sticky post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Problems-sending-email-using-a-mail-client/m-p/4007764#M1...

Some users are gradually reporting that this has worked for them.

Once you have got full access restored it would be advisable for future proofing to update all you settings to the current unified ones using the virginmedia.com servers.

_________________________________________________________
Graham
I am a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

 

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 22
On our wavelength
1,035 Views
Message 35 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY


@Graham_A wrote:

@BTVM wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@NickyBB   When you sign into My Virgin Media with the blueyonder address and click on My Profile you will see several sections to the page.  In the top section it shows the 'username', further down the page is a section 'Virgin Media mail'.  Are the username and the Virgin Media Mail address shown in the two sections the same?


Just checked mine and they are the same.

Webmail works but is an 4rse to use on a phone.  

I can receive but cannot send anything using any of 3 different email clients and smtp.blueyonder.co.uk on 3 separate devices. Windows Mail is the only client where the alias is xxxx.xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk and the servers are: imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 and smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1 respectively. 

I hope this helps?


Have you changed your password again recently in the light of the latest sticky post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Problems-sending-email-using-a-mail-client/m-p/4007764#M1...

Some users are gradually reporting that this has worked for them.

Once you have got full access restored it would be advisable for future proofing to update all you settings to the current unified ones using the virginmedia.com servers.


Unfortunately, Windows Mail allows me to change the password (which I note is now longer than it was?), but doesn’t save any changes.  Thunderbird is currently functioning and sending since I applied the workaround/hack removing authentication posted on here.  iPhone and iPad still screwed though

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 22
On our wavelength
1,011 Views
Message 36 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY


@BTVM wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@BTVM wrote:

@Graham_A wrote:

@NickyBB   When you sign into My Virgin Media with the blueyonder address and click on My Profile you will see several sections to the page.  In the top section it shows the 'username', further down the page is a section 'Virgin Media mail'.  Are the username and the Virgin Media Mail address shown in the two sections the same?


Just checked mine and they are the same.

Webmail works but is an 4rse to use on a phone.  

I can receive but cannot send anything using any of 3 different email clients and smtp.blueyonder.co.uk on 3 separate devices. Windows Mail is the only client where the alias is xxxx.xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk and the servers are: imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 and smtp.virginmedia.com:465:1 respectively. 

I hope this helps?


Have you changed your password again recently in the light of the latest sticky post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Problems-sending-email-using-a-mail-client/m-p/4007764#M1...

Some users are gradually reporting that this has worked for them.

Once you have got full access restored it would be advisable for future proofing to update all you settings to the current unified ones using the virginmedia.com servers.


Unfortunately, Windows Mail allows me to change the password (which I note is now longer than it was?), but doesn’t save any changes.  Thunderbird is currently functioning and sending since I applied the workaround/hack removing authentication posted on here.  iPhone and iPad still screwed though


I lied...................Just tried to send an email from my blueyonder acc and smtp server using Thunderbird with the password authentication turned off and.....an "Alert" dialogue box appears containing: "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.0 Authentication Required (VM401). Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again".

Oh well, it was nice whilst it lasted.

8 days and counting!

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 10.04K
  • 1.1K
  • 4.81K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
1,002 Views
Message 37 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Off chance - check what port T/bird is using to send mail and report the result here. I think it should be 465 still.



As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped



Highlighted
  • 1.34K
  • 81
  • 248
Forum Team
Forum Team
994 Views
Message 38 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Hi BTVM,

 

I do apologise that you're still experiencing email issues. Just to confirm regarding you comment about passwords, have you tried changing this both via webmail and the client?

 

Please find the correct SMTP settings below, as per Howard's comment:

 

Server name        smtp.virginmedia.com
SMTP SSL        enabled
SMTP port        465
SMTP authentication    enabled/password
Username        “your full email address”
 

Thanks,

Rachael

Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 22
On our wavelength
987 Views
Message 39 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY


@HowardML wrote:

Off chance - check what port T/bird is using to send mail and report the result here. I think it should be 465 still.


smtp.blueyonder.co.uk = Port 465

imap4.blueyonder.co.uk = Port 993

Sending not working with password Authentication turned off.

I've just changed my VM password - well not changed, but highlighted and over typed the existing one in My Profile, per some earlier advice on here  and.......it still didn't work!  HOWEVER......I've now turned password Authentication back on again in Thunderbird and...........It only [Removed] works innit!!!!Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

 [MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 22
On our wavelength
983 Views
Message 40 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Sorry. Only just found this. Please see my reply to Howard. smtp.blueyonder.co.uk now works again as well.
Now to change Win10 and try and breathe life into iPhone and pad.
Thanks for the advice though