Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Send Blueyonder emails since TUESDAY

Thank you Tim. Your support is very much appreciated 👍

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I apologise. I’m new to the forums and have seen other posts I’ve been advised to follow, where other people have mentioned they also have problems within the same post. Indeed my post has been replied to advising following another thread. I apologise for my mis-understanding and the response has upset me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@MonkeyGeorge wrote:

I apologise. I’m new to the forums and have seen other posts I’ve been advised to follow, where other people have mentioned they also have problems within the same post. Indeed my post has been replied to advising following another thread. I apologise for my mis-understanding and the response has upset me. 

Please don’t feel there is a need to apologise.  Your frustration is completely understandable.........to most of us at least and is shared by many 👍

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Has this been resolved for anyone yet, I'm getting no help from Virgin Media, no responses and it's still not resolved?

An update from a moderator who actually works for VM would be useful?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 45
Flag for a moderator

No it hasn't been resolved yet. And the Superusers are in no different position from any of you. While we do have some additional access to VM staff on this Forum (because VM value and recognise the additional advice we can give) they have been silent as to when this issue will be resolved, notwithstanding that we have raised this endlessly with them. Although one of us worked out the cause (authentication servers for outgoing mail are not working correctly for some users) with a temporary hack to get round the failure of those servers;  and we have reported in other threads that the issues with My Virginmedia have been resolved (password change is now possible) we are otherwise just as in the dark as all of you. And we are enormously frustrated too.  There is no magic wand we can wave.

The temporary hack is explained in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/POP-IMAP-Email-Access/td-p/4004340/page/2

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 26 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Nope still can't access emails through my client and my broadband is crawling along. To say I'm fed up is an understatement.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@frostie13 wrote:

Has this been resolved for anyone yet, I'm getting no help from Virgin Media, no responses and it's still not resolved?

An update from a moderator who actually works for VM would be useful?

Mine’s still down and won’t authenticate with smtp.blueyonder.

Asked the same questions 3 times on the fb page only to receive the “I’m sorry that”, or “we’re working very hard to” and “updates will appear on the Community Forum” three times.

There was an update posted on here yesterday but it read almost exactly the same as the one issued last Tuesday. 

Still waiting for a reply from the new CEO.

Little wonder VM is haemorrhaging Customers........This one is about to join them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I was given a very specific resolution time (including seconds) for tomorrow. But been given so many different pieces of information, not sure I dare raise my hopes. Fingers crossed we are all up and running soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 29 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to resolve. I understand it is a frustration for everyone and I apologise for the lack of updates.

We are still working on resolving this issue to restore email functionality back to normal. As soon as we have any further updates, they will be posted on the pinned thread at the top of the email board here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/POP-IMAP-Email-Access/td-p/4004089.

Kind regards,

Dave_DW

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same issue, but with virgin media.com & for a few days now. Keeps telling me my username and/or password is incorrect. However when I login via the net both work fine! 

I am receiving mail, but all my outgoing messages are stuck in an outbox!!!! 

I’ve deleted and reinstalled my account, done everything & still cannot get it to work.

Any ideas please? 

0 Kudos