Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can't Remove Folder - Special or Trash (It's not)

I have a few rules set up to move certain emails from certain contacts into certain folders. One such setup is Amazon. Any emails I get regarding my Amazon account go into my Amazon folder.

This all worked fine up until the 5th of May when the Amazon emails started going directly into my inbox and not being re-directed. I didn't think much of it so never got round to looking at it until today. I've logged onto my Webmail to see if the rule was broken or if something changed. Turns out that something has happened to the Amazon folder that I have no control over.

On my webmail the Amazon folder is greyed out and contains no emails in it. On my devices the emails do show, but only until 4th May (Which is when I'm guessing something happened).

I have tried to delete the folder on the webmail to re-create it but I'm told it may be a special permission folder such as Trash..... it wasn't previously. I tried renaming it but I get the same error.

I noticed that there are other users that had this issue but they didn't receive any resolution. Are there client admins on here that can go in and check the account or do I need to go through the 7 stages of customer support on the phone to get to someone who will be able to help me?

Appreciate any help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Remove Folder - Special or Trash (It's not)

On the device where you can access the Amazon folder content move everything out to a temporary folder, delete the empty folder and synchronise the email client with the email server. Should that not work then either use openssl or curl to remove the folder or wait for the forum team to raise the issue with the email team.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos