cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Virgin do anything correctly?

craibh
On our wavelength

I have been struggling for some time with the collapse of the Virgin email services a couple of weeks or so ago.Every so often I get another copy of an email from Virgin telling me that they are still trying to send me "historical" emails on one of my accounts, and I await hearing that the problem had been solved.

Fortunately it is a lesser used email address, but  I have been increasingtly having difficulty in updating the emails that I do receive on my main email address.This applies to a  number of devices.This morning none of them would update received emails so I went to  My Virgin Media.There I was told that my account had been locked, without any notice to me, and that I should change my password.

I changed my email address password as instructed  on the website, and tried to update the email password on several devices- as instructed by the website. However every time that I try to update the emails received I am told that Outlook cannot update my password and that I should contact my email administrator!However I have already been in touch with the administrator - the website- and did what they suggested.Can anyone tell me whom I should contact now?

On a different topic last night both ourTiVo boxes suddenly decided to completely re-order the numbers of a whole range of popular channels without any explanation or logic! Is there something happening at Virgin's IT that we ought to know about?

All very confusing and concerning!

Craibh

4 REPLIES 4

martinianpaul
Superfast

The channel list was updated. There's a post on the Home screen and you should have gotten an email (!) 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you generate an App Password for use with email clients?

FYI read this post for more information about account passwords and app passwords

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks.Apologies fro delay.No email received and currently Netflix not working so will get back to Tivo Home Screen when Netflix  solved!

Craibh

Thanks for the reply @craibh on the forums.

We have had some changes on the TV guide and the channel numbers.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs