Menu
jack2011
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I restore emails from January that are no longer in trash

I would like to restore emails that were deleted but are no longer in trash They are from earlier this year   Thank you

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I restore emails from January that are no longer in trash

You can't. Once deleted from trash they are gone for ever. However your description of the problem leaves me in doubt about what has happened. Please provide more detail. Particularly where you using an Apple device (running IoS) to manage your emails. I'm not promising miracles (VM mail doesn't do miracles) but we need to be clear what has happened.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jack2011 wrote:

I would like to restore emails that were deleted but are no longer in trash They are from earlier this year   Thank you

Only if you have a backup of the emails held independently to those held on the VM servers.  The VM trash folder is automatically emptied periodically as is the spam folder. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning @jack2011

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here, 

With emails, if you do put them in your trash, they do expire and will be deleted forever. 

Unless you have them on another device or you saved them elsewhere, it is unlikely you will get them back. 

There may be some programmes you can install to get deleted emails back but as these date back as far as January, I can't guarantee this. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos