Menu
sallylizd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Business can't send me emails as they are being treated as spam

Hi All,

Over the past couple of months I have been having trouble receiving emails from certain businesses/organisations.

For example, when I ask to reset my password for Deliveroo or on a shopping website, the password reset email does not come through. On contacting them, they say my email was marked as spam so they stopped sending emails to me.

Another example is a local osteopath who can't send invoices to me by email as the account has blocked me.

Also I was automatically taken off my kids' school's mailing list because of a similar issue.

I always check my junk and I have checked my trash and the emails are not ending up in there.

Can anyone help?

thank you

Sally

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Business can't send me emails as they are being treated as spam

@sallylizd wrote:

Over the past couple of months I have been having trouble receiving emails from certain businesses/organisations.

For example, when I ask to reset my password for Deliveroo or on a shopping website, the password reset email does not come through. On contacting them, they say my email was marked as spam so they stopped sending emails to me.

My first thought is that you have the spam setting in your VM email account set to reject all spam messages.

Virgin Media often seem to misidentify genuine emails as spam and they may be incorrectly identifying emails from those senders as spam.

In which case, if you have your account set to reject all spam emails then emails from those genuine senders will never appear anywhere in your account and the senders will get an error message back from you.

Sign on to your VM email account here https://mail.virginmedia.com and click on the icons 1, 2 3 and 4 as they come up.

spam settings.png

Then check whether you have the setting "Reject all spam messages" set. If you do, I would suggest changing it to "Move message to spam folder".

Then see if new messages from those senders start coming through, remember though they will almost certainly be in your spam folder.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sallylizd
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply but I already have the setting you suggest.

I think it is something to do with how these organisations are seeing my email??

Sally

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It would be helpful if one of the companies concerned could send you a copy of the rejection message they are receiving, including the email headers.

You can then post it here having first redacted personal identity information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks