cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband-price rises

Macskapajti
Tuning in

After that in the past two weeks everyday at least twice had problems with the internet, receiving a letter about the price rise is outrageous! Never measured the promised internet speed, and they have the face to increase the price. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Robert is referring to the power levels for the connection from the street cabinet to the hub not the mains power levels from your UPS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Macskapjti

We're sorry to hear of the broadband issues experienced, we can understand the frustration this is causing and you raising this via the forums.

From checking the speeds to the hub they are averaging over 1140mbs download and 50mbs upload, there have been numerous disconnections and the hub is currently showing as offline. Is this the case?

From looking at the connection and equipment there does seem to be some power issues with one of the upstream channels which may be causing some issues. I will send you a Private Message to get some more details form you to get this looked into further.

Rob

Hi Rob,

What you’ve described roughly covers what I’ve experienced, thank you for your response. To have power issue would be strange because I even have an UPS powering the whole router/internet hardware. But any help welcome. 
Thanks!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Robert is referring to the power levels for the connection from the street cabinet to the hub not the mains power levels from your UPS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks