Menu
taxan880
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder secondary email account stopped working

Hi, I know that this has been discussed lots on here, but I can’t find a solution. My secondary email has suddenly stopped working, I haven’t changed anything, it just stopped. It’s been around a week now since it stopped, I was hoping it would just right itself but it hasn’t.

Now when I check my email account it says

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.”

My main blueyonder email still works fine though.

Any info would be much appreciated 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder secondary email account stopped working

@taxan880 wrote:

My secondary email has suddenly stopped working,

Now when I check my email account it says

”The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

When you say 'stopped working' do you mean that you can neither send nor receive emails or is the problem just that you cannot send or just that you cannot receive?

I would assume from that error message that you are accessing your email account using an email app on your phone or an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird perhaps on a laptop. Which is it?

What error if any do you get when you sign in to your email account directly via the VM website here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ?

Sorry for all the questions but without knowing more detail there is not a lot of advice anyone can give.😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
taxan880
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I can’t send or receive with it, and the error message is from within setting from the VM website

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@taxan880 wrote:

I can’t send or receive with it, and the error message is from within setting from the VM website

Thanks for that.

Ok, it seems I was wrong. The error ”The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.” just looks as if it was generated by a third party email app or client rather than being a error direct from the VM Webmail service itself.

I would have expected the Virgin Media sign in link I gave you to have a generated a "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again." error message.

You say that you can still use your main email account. If you use that address to sign in to your 'My Virgin Media' account from here https://my.virginmedia.com do you see your secondary account listed under 'My Profile' 'Manage Accounts'? As below:

List of accounts.png

If the error is coming from direct from the VM sign in page rather than an app or email client it would appear to be a problem with your VM account itself. You will need to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up on this thread and contact you via the forum. They will be able to check the account and get it sorted for you.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The error message is generated when an additional account has been added to VM webmail and the saved log in details fail.

@taxan880 needs to check whether they can access the secondary account directly via webmail as you suggested in the first reply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

taxan880
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When I login to VM through a browser, then go to emails through my VM this is what I get

3ADCE1D3-31EC-4F0F-B8B4-736133FC04E8.jpeg67BD5266-D929-4BFF-88BB-6A9F63E0BAB0.jpeg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Log out of your main account first then go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and sign in with the secondary account details.

What error message, if any, do you see?  I'm guessing it will be a mailbox unavailable message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
taxan880
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It says not recognised when trying to login with secondary email. When I sign in to main email and go to settings, this is what it says. (I had to blank out the email address to be able to post the image)

0DFF0377-CD14-4FB5-A5F0-3CC7E68ACCAD.jpeg

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What is the answer to the question in message 4?  Does the secondary account show in the Manage Accounts tab?

0 Kudos
taxan880
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I miss read the post before...  Yes, the email in question does show in the manage accounts tab

0 Kudos