Menu
mikeoc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder imap4.blueyonder not responding

Can anyone offer any advice on an issue I'm having with email on the blueyonder.co.uk domain. I have a primary mail account that all is fine with, can send, receive no problems from both my laptop (MacOS) and an iPhone device. I also have a secondary email for my wife that has been fine for years but has recently started having issues with connecting for outgoing mail as it states that the password is incorrect.  I've tried changing the password a couple of times to no avail.

I did read somewhere that old blueyonder smtp details needed to be upgraded to virginmedia but seem to recall that I may have to use the very original password from circa 20 years ago!!

Ive also tried my primary account on the devices that I'm trying to use the secondary account on and all works ok there so definitely not a device issue.

Any suggestions 

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder imap4.blueyonder not responding

Is this the same email address that you were having issues with back in 2016?

You can see the current recommended settings here: virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients 

You should be using the current password for the account not an old one.  I would recommend that you change the password again and make sure you use an entirely new one rather than trying to refresh the existing one.  If you need guidance on changing the password follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mikeoc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham

I cannot see my wife account under my settings it does state that "You can create up to 9 additional My Virgin Media accounts for yourself or members of your household to use. You have 2 additional accounts"Im struggling to see where the family accounts i set up reside

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Does is show as an alternate email address when you are on the My Profile tab.  Scroll down the page until you see the Virgin Media mail section.

If so then it is an alias of the primary account and shares the same password and mailbox.

If the email address concerned does not show either there or under the My Accounts tab then somehow it has become disconnected from your broardband account.  If this is the case the VM Forum Team will need to ask their IT guys to look into what has happened.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

mikeoc1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Graham

The email address concerned does not show either there or under the My Accounts. How do I inform the VM forum team?

I also forgot to confirm it is the same email account I had previous issues with

Kind regards. Mike 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

The Forum Team will reach this thread, probably tomorrow afternoon.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello mikeoc1

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikeoc1

Thanks for the message

I have had a look at this email and its been locked due to spam being sent 

What you will need to do is change the password for this email address before logging in 

See if that helps 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
mikeoc1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth at least we no the problem

I have changed password for the account and deleted and re-added the mailbox but it states no access due to incorrect password.

This works on the other account.

I cannot see the account under my settings either to verify/confirm change. The very original email id was mo14a0001 and mo14a0001_2.

I have also had maximum number of connections from  user IP exceeded (mail-max-userip-connections=10)

I am operating on MacOS version 10.15.5 and Mac mail version 13.4.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
mikeoc1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth

I still need assistance, can you advise on the next steps

Kind regards. Mike 

0 Kudos