cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email

Famanad
Joining in

I had been with Telewest/Virgin since 1997.   I use my Blueyonder email for everything.  I moved into a new build house 5 months ago and there was no Virgin lines installed due to the new estate so I had to use another provider.

My email account, Blueyonder has now stopped working as of yesterday.  Is there anyway I can keep this account?  Anyway whatsoever?

2 REPLIES 2

BBloke
Tuning in

I'm a long time blueyonder user and I've woke today with it asking for credentials for my main email acocunt.  I use mine for everything too.  I'm still with virgin.  I think it may have nothing to do with you not being a customer. I can't get into via the web and my account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Famanad wrote:

I had been with Telewest/Virgin since 1997.   I use my Blueyonder email for everything.  I moved into a new build house 5 months ago and there was no Virgin lines installed due to the new estate so I had to use another provider.

My email account, Blueyonder has now stopped working as of yesterday.  Is there anyway I can keep this account?  Anyway whatsoever?

Virgin Media email accounts, including blueyonder, are supposed to be closed down 90 days after you cease being a VM broadband customer.  Unfortunately there is no way to keep the account without it being attached to a current VM broadband account.

Webmail access is usually the first to go but it may be possible to access the email account via a third party email client.  However, if you didn't already have this set up you are unlikely to be able to do so now as it requires a generated app password which you will not be able to create without a My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks