cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email

Twisterssister
Joining in

I left virgin media in March 2019 but still used the email address until 3 weeks ago when I can no longer access my email. Customer support says nothing can be done but I can still receive emails through the blueyonder email? Any idea if I access my account or can I delete the blueyonder email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Twisterssister 

According to the T&C's of Virgin Media's broadband contracts, 90 days after a VM broadband account is closed VM should delete all email accounts linked to that broadband account.

However, they often seem to leave these old accounts for years before they get round to closing them

Even when they do, they often seem to simply close down the webmail access to the account but leave the mailbox itself still live. That means:

• that you can no longer sign into the email account on the VM website but the email address itself is still receiving emails.
  • If you set your Blueyonder account to forward emails to another email account that you use, then you will still be seeing new Blueyonder emails appear in your other email account..  
  • For the time being you can still access your Blueyonder email account by using an email app / client such as Microsoft Mail or Thunderbird or an email app on your phone. However, that is not a long term solution because your Blueyonder email account could disappear completely at any time.

I suspect that explains what you are seeing.

You cannot delete the Blueyonder account yourself but one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can arrange that for you. One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the necessary details via the forum's Private Message facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Twisterssister 

According to the T&C's of Virgin Media's broadband contracts, 90 days after a VM broadband account is closed VM should delete all email accounts linked to that broadband account.

However, they often seem to leave these old accounts for years before they get round to closing them

Even when they do, they often seem to simply close down the webmail access to the account but leave the mailbox itself still live. That means:

• that you can no longer sign into the email account on the VM website but the email address itself is still receiving emails.
  • If you set your Blueyonder account to forward emails to another email account that you use, then you will still be seeing new Blueyonder emails appear in your other email account..  
  • For the time being you can still access your Blueyonder email account by using an email app / client such as Microsoft Mail or Thunderbird or an email app on your phone. However, that is not a long term solution because your Blueyonder email account could disappear completely at any time.

I suspect that explains what you are seeing.

You cannot delete the Blueyonder account yourself but one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can arrange that for you. One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and take the necessary details via the forum's Private Message facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Twisterssister, thanks for joining our forums and for your first post here.
We're happy to have you on board, welcome to the VM community. 🙂

We'd be eager to assist with your email issues, please be advised as you've left us the email service should have been removed around 90-120 days after your disconnection.

At this point, we're able to help by having this email account removed permanently - please let us know if you are fine for us to do so and we'll gladly support you.

Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Adri, I would be grateful if you could get the email permanently deleted please

thanks

jon

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again and thanks for confirming this, Twisterssister.

I'll be happy to help out, to do so I will message you privately here soon.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs