Menu
gxm34328
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email

I have used my blueyonder.co.uk email for many years.

it still runs ok on my laptop.

I recently deleted the email app on my virginmedia mobile by mistake, that has my blueyonder account.

I have tried reinstalling the app on my phone, and setting up my blueyonder account but to avail.

Can anyone help ?

I am getting invalid password on setup for connecting to pop server.

Gerry

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email

The first thing I would check is to see if you can log into the email account via VM webmail using the same password.

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gxm34328
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I try that link, i get :

We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That rather suggests that the email address concerned is not linked to your current VM broadband account, assuming that you have one.

This would mean that it is an orphaned account and subject to deletion at anytime.  That process may already be underway.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
gxm34328
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I still have a virgin mobile. I know way back in the midst of time, the email address was related to my broadband account.

should this not simply move over to my mobile account?

what i can’t figure out, is i looked at the settings in my laptop, and mirrored them-in the email app, and it still didn’t work.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@gxm34328 wrote:

I still have a virgin mobile. I know way back in the midst of time, the email address was related to my broadband account.

should this not simply move over to my mobile account?

what i can’t figure out, is i looked at the settings in my laptop, and mirrored them-in the email app, and it still didn’t work.

Unfortunately a virgin mobile account is not sufficient.  Provision of the free VM email account requires a paid for VM broadband account.

0 Kudos