cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email on my iphone not working

Gillblackburn
Joining in

I have not been able to access my blueyonder emails on my iphone since 19th June. I know there was problems on the 19th but I thought these would be sorted by now. Please help

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gillblackburn 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

Are you able to access your email when logging in via the VM web client here? Please give this a try and let me know how you get on please

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I can access my email's on a computer but that is not the problem. I need access on my iphone.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gillblackburn You may need to use a generated app password to get email working again on your phone.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management. 

Once generated enter the app password into the password fields of the incoming and outgoing server settings in your phone email app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks