Menu
steveh62
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email not working

My wifes blueyonder email stopped working on Wednesday, last email received stated succesful password change (wasn't us). I have spent today resetting password and trying to getit working across different devices and email handlers using settings taken from Virgin website but it always states email or password is incorrect but they are correct. We have an active Virgin account.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email not working

Hi Steveh62,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Wife's email looked into, I am sorry if you've been struggling to get any help with this. I'll be more than happy to lend a hand!

I've taken the time to have a quick look at your services to see if anything is amiss, but everything seems to be okay here. 

However, this issue seems quite likely to be a flagged issue from the internet security team - wherein they flag an email account for suspicious activity and lock it down in order to keep you and others safe from scammers. There are steps you can take in order to gain access to the account once again which are - 

• Perform anti-virus scans on all devices that have been used to access the email address (I would also scan other devices in the household too just to be safe)
  • Go onto the sign in site here - My Account - and reset your password to something new and secure, do not use a password you've used before.
  • Login to your webmail and re-setup any intentional forwarding rules you may have had before. 

Also, just as a bit of extra help for future email issues or for any other users that may come across this post, I also have a general email link here - Email Support - which will give you general help if you need it 🙂

Please follow my instructions and let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
steveh62
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your assistance. My wife only uses her phone for emails, a virus scan has been carried out ok. Password has been changed again but still unable to access emails or sign into webmail.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steveh62,

Thanks for coming back to me and for following the steps I gave 🙂

I am sorry you still can't access the email though, can you give me a description of what happens when you try to login please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
steveh62
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Basically it doesn't recognize the email and password suggest that one or both are incorrect. I know both are correct but am concerned as we didn't change the password on Wednesday. It is almost like although I change password in manage accounts I have no control on this account.

0 Kudos
steveh62
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried again this morning on Virgin web mail and got the message that mailbox is not available. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us here steveh62. 

We will be able to look in to this further for you although I have to agree with Megan, this is usually done via our internet security team. 

I will need to pass data protection with you in order to sort this. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi steveh2,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message.

The reason is exactly what Megan said in her post above. The internet security team locked the account down due to spamming activity in order to keep you and others safe from scammers. Sometimes they get it wrong and emails are genuine but they have to ensure everything is kept safe 🙂

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos