cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email not working, since 2 July

mlwilson
Joining in

We have 2 Blueyonder secondary email accounts, and one of them stopped working last week. We have phoned a number of times, and changed passwords, but nothing seems to be helping.

Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mlwilson,

Thanks for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear you have been locked out of your emails, I can certainly help you by enabling your mailbox, I will pop you over a message and we can go from there 🙂 

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mlwilson wrote:

one of them stopped working last week

Can anyone help please?

I'm wonder what "stopped working" means? 🤔

That you cannot access the account when you try to sign in via the website?  That you can no longer pick up your emails on your smart phone?  That emails sent to the account do not arrive? That emails arrive but you cannot send emails?

I think you are going to have to be a bit more specific don't you?

Also, try signing in to the email account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   Let us know whether you are successful and if not please report back any error messages that you are see.

With more information the community should be able to help, or at least offer constructive advice.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Coenoby,

Thank you for trying to help.

We have no access to the email at all.

No access on i-phone, and no access by Virginmedia website on PC.

I tried logging in through https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   this morning, and it says

"We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

This is a new message for us. For days, the message we received was

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Thank you

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mlwilson wrote:

"We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

For days, the message we received was

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour ............

Thank you, all we needed was those error messages. 

The *mailbox unavailable....." was almost certainly due to VM locking your email account, possibly because of a potential security issue. Possibly an hacking attempt for example.

The "didn't recognise username or password"   error and that fact that you have had the password reset a number of times suggests you need help from VM to re-enable the account.

The best and most reliable way is to wait here for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support the forum to pick up on your post. They will contact you via this thread and take your details securely via the forum's private message (PM) facility.

That will be in a day or so but they will then either resolve themselves or pass it to the appropriate IT team to get the account re-enabled.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mlwilson,

Thanks for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear you have been locked out of your emails, I can certainly help you by enabling your mailbox, I will pop you over a message and we can go from there 🙂 

Zoie