cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email no longer working

garreth64
Joining in

Hi,

My dad who is 94 has had a blueyonder.co.uk email address for years, and I always help him out with any tech support if needed.

His email just stopped working last week (says he cant send or receive) so he called Virgin and someone on the phone told him that his email address won't work any more and he needs to get a new one.

Surely this cant be correct? I've had a search online and cant find anything re Virgin retiring this domain over the last few weeks, and you would expect there would be comms sent out about it, rather than it just ceasing to work.

He has just called me, quite distressed, and asked me to help out. I'm not able to go round to his house straight away to check it out, so I just wanted to quantify if their statement is correct, or if there is another underlying issue. I'm not sure if VM will talk to me directly if I call them as I'm not the customer. He has just signed up to a new package with them but now wants to cancel it if he cant get his email address back.

Can anyone confirm the above or otherwise?

4 REPLIES 4

Vinegar
Up to speed

You say “he has just signed up to a new package with them…” does that mean that prior to this he wasn’t a VM broadband customer?

Now this is very important, if he wasn’t then almost certainly, his email address has been deleted (it is a condition that you have to be a broadband customer), if no but he was told that if he signs up then they can ‘reinstate’ his email address then that was a lie and deliberate mis-selling.

To be able to assist further, I’m afraid we do need to know the background to this.

garreth64
Joining in

Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, he has had TV, broadband and phone continually for years, hence having the blueyonder email address.

He just called them and said it was too expensive and he was going to leave, so they offered him a cheaper deal if he signed up for another term, so there has been no break of service.

I'm just trying to validate if what he has been told is correct or BS. Keeping the email address was one of the reasons he decided to stay, so if that is no longer possible he may as well reconsider moving to Sky.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garreth64,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sincere apologies for any email issues, if there is still an active account then the email should be attached if it was so already.

So I can investigate this further please expect a PM from myself.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Thanks for the replies, the email account was showing as locked out so I had to follow the reset procedure as shown on the screen.

I have now managed to get it sorted, by resetting the password via web mail, and then had to create a new app password as well. 

However, I am very unhappy with the incorrect information my dad was given by the Virgin representative and will raise this with them.