cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email locked

Pluggy99
Tuning in

I haven't been able to send or receive any email to my blueyonder address for 18 days now and its becoming beyond a joke.

My password has been reset approximately 11 times and virus scans have been done, still I receive the webmail message that the account is locked.

I have been promised 3 call backs, but have not received a single one. I'm informed that this is due to a system update to prevent spam and abusive emails. Well done Virgin Media, it worked I haven't received any email at all since 2nd September. Frankly, I don't care if I get spam, I just block it.

How difficult can it be? I keep going round and round in circles, getting apologised to by 1st and 2nd line tech support, but nothing ever changes.

Once again, following a 40 minute call to the helpdesk, I am told another 24/48 hours, but i've now lost complete confidence that it can be resolved. 

Somebody please help 

15 REPLIES 15

dorford
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem starting on Thursday. The issue for me is that I left Virgin Media six years ago and have continued to use the blueyonder email since then. This means I have no way of contacting Virgin Media because I don’t have an account with them!

@dorford your issue is almost certainly different to the original poster. Use of any of the VM email services is conditional on you have an active broadband account with them. In theory (at least) your email address and mailbox (and all the mail within it) should be deleted 90 days after you leave - as you have noticed, this often doesn't happen and the mailbox carries on working for ages. 

However it does now seem that VM are being more aggressive in cleaning things up, judging by the big increase in recent posts on this subject, and so the probability is high that your email has now been purged from the system and if that is the case then it can't be reinstated.

I would work on the assumption that the mailbox and address have gone permanently and make appropriate arrangements.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pluggy99, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your email service. We appreciate this must be frustrating.

I understand further delays are not ideal and I assure you the team are doing all they can to get your service active again as quickly as possible. 

If you have not been able to access the service within the specified time frame, please update this thread and we will be happy to look in to this further for you. 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks I kinda figured the same. I just expected some warning after 20 years of using that email!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dorford, 

Thanks for posting to our page. 

I am very sorry to read about the loss of your email. 

I appreciate the lack of warning must be frustrating and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. I will provide feedback regarding your experience to the relevant team. 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks I’ve been meaning to change it for years now and would have done so if someone had asked me to. Just to cut off without any warning is ridiculous!

Again, we'll be sure to feed this back to the team to help prevent frustrations like this in the future.

Rob

Looking at the other comments on this forum, are Virgin Media trying to retire all Blueyonder accounts ?

I am now 19 days without access to my personal blueyonder account. If it needs changing to a a virgin media email address, as long as my existing archived email going back over more than 15 years and nearly 3 weeks of email on the server remains accessible, then i'd change over.

Frankly, i'm now getting the point of do whatever it takes and if that means moving provider, then so be it, but I wont go quietly. I have spent 19 days being outwardly calm and polite, whilst inwardly seething, but my patience is running very thin.

Someone needs to explain what the problem is and what Virgin Media are doing to rectify it. Also, what about compensation? 19 days without being able to receive  tickets, confirmation of orders, medical test results and other personal stuff. 

Not good enough 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Pluggy99.

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry that this issue is still ongoing. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can take a look into things further from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M