Menu
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email just stopped working

@John_GS wrote:

Can you get your Wife to post on the forums and we can help? The reason being this would need to be done by the account holder only, and then we're more than willing to see what we can do to assist.

I recall a community member said that once a Forum Team member telephoned them at home to go through the security clearance.  Is that still an option?  I'm sure it is rare, but sometimes easier than dragging this out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
irn-bru
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissPasko,

Someone from Virgin Media spoke to my wife this evening on our landline to investigate the issue but was unable to resolve and said that it would need to be escalated. During the call my wife said that she gives verbal confirmation that I can deal with Virgin Media support to help resolve her email issue, but this was politely declined. Other businesses such as Home/Pet insurance, mobile phone companies allow for this. She isn't technically minded and I am (I do work in this field).

I've been doing some digging around our primary/secondary accounts and found information that I think would help. So would like to PM a forum team member @John_GS for example and see if he'll deal with me. The information I have obviously contains account information which I cannot post publicly.

If not, then it'll likely drag on!

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As you can receive emails to the address I would suggest you back up all your emails to a local machine, just in case.

Particularly as one official suggestion was to cancel it altogether!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@irn-bru wrote:

Someone from Virgin Media spoke to my wife this evening on our landline to investigate the issue but was unable to resolve and said that it would need to be escalated. (Good)  During the call my wife said that she gives verbal confirmation that I can deal with Virgin Media support to help resolve her email issue, but this was politely declined. (Not so good)  Other businesses such as Home/Pet insurance, mobile phone companies allow for this. She isn't technically minded and I am (I do work in this field).

SMH!

Maybe you'll have to put the account in your name to get this sorted (/sarcasm).  Probably not a good idea atm, it would only complicate things further.  Just put on a ladylike voice, or sign in to this forum and SAY you are her!  Who knows who is typing, really?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi irn-bru,

This has been raised with our IT team, and as stated to your Wife, the account holder, I'll be in touch asap when I've found more information.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread John

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You are very welcome Tim

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

irn-bru
Tuning in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Any update on this? Someone from team did contact my wife, went through a few things with her and said they'd call back but never did.

Can I please send someone from Virgin Media an attachment with details I know will help in the investigation and maybe expedite a solution for my wife?

0 Kudos