cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email has been hacked

Octopus25
Joining in

Hi,

I noticed that my Blueyonder account was hacked this morning, as I'd received emails from Netflix requesting a password and email change which I hadn't sent, so was locked out of my account, and I'm wondering if anyone could advise as to what to do?

I've updated all my passwords, set up 2FA on all my accounts, and recovered accounts that had been hacked, but I'm not sure what I should do next. It's still my primary email account, so it's still active.

I'm just concerned because whoever has hacked it has access to my emails, as they've deleted my spam folder along with removed any trace of them trying to access my various accounts from other sites, again, like Netflix.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Octopus25 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear what's happened 😔

Have you tried following all the advice provided in this article here? It should help sort out the issue. 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Yeah, I've done all of that. Do you think that'll be OK?

I'm just worried that they'll still be logged in and will try again.

Thanks.

Hi @Octopus25, thank you for your response.

We'd expect so, but if you're concerned, we can look into deleting the e-mail address for you. 

Is it absolutely essential it remains active?

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks for reassuring. I'd like to keep the email address, as it's the main one I use.

Thank you for your help, and I'll update if anything else goes wrong.

I've had no issues for a few hours though at least, so fingers crossed.

Hi @Octopus25, no problem at all 😀

If you experience any further problems, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi

I have had the same issue today. I no longer have a Virgin account so don’t seem to be able to use the guidance above. How can I just get the account deleted permanently?

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pwlewis If the email address concerned is not attached to a current VM broadband account then the VM Forum Team staff should be able to get the email address deleted for you.  They will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey Pwlewis, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this.

Normally the email account should delete it self within 90 days of the disconnection.

However I will send you a PM so we can get this email deleted for you, please look out for the message in your inbox.Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?