cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked

Emmaconlon81
Joining in

Hello can someone please help. I have a very old blueyonder email that I believe has been hacked and I cant get into now.

I called 150 but they have told me its not attached to my account do cant help.

Even though my bill is sent to that address.

I did have changes to my account about 3 years ago so it could be that it's linked to an older account. Please help!!

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your email address should have been transferred to the new broadband account. If Virginmedia didn't do that at the time then it has very likely been closed.

A staff member might be able to help you, but since VM are running down their email service this would be a very good time to set up a new email account with another provider. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Its been running fine since then though.

I have been slowly moving over to another account.

However I need access to this one to do so.

Under their own T&C's, they should have closed accounts like this after 90 days. But that seems to have been too much trouble so VM have just left them running.  Not surprisingly, many customers and ex-customers have assumed they could keep using their old email accounts indefinitely.

It's only been over the past year or so, since VM decided that they no longer want to bother running an email service, that these old accounts have suddenly been closed with no further warning. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

That still doesn't confirm to me that my email has been closed or if another person is using it. 

As it has been working fine up until the day or two after I've had hacking emails and I can also see that someone has sent an email that was not me.

Please can this be looked into further.

For that you'll need to wait for a staff member to pick this up. At the moment there appears to be a widespread issue of VM email addresses  being hacked. 

- jpeg1

Good Morning @Emmaconlon81, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the E-Mail account, which seems to be potentially connected to a former account.

There's no guarantee I'll be able to fix this for you, but I'd be willing to see if we can gain temporary access to the inbox for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

That would be amazing if you could try please David!

Hello, I've not heard anymore. I'm very concerned fir security reasons. 

Hi @Emmaconlon81,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear that this problem seems to be ongoing for you. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!