Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email address

Hello, 

I used to have a blueyonder email address i am trying to retrieve some information from a website back 10-15 years ago but due to GDPR they will only release it to the same email, when i try and log in or find the email says no longer exists, I need this information for a court case, is there anyway to gain access to the email address again, I don't need anything that would have been sent to it in the last 10-15 years but this firm wont send it to my new email, i just need to advise them when i have access to it again and they will sent it to it.

Is there anyway if I give Virgin all my information to probe this did belong to me i would be able to gain access to it again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email address

Have you sought advice from the ICO on this matter; their contacted details are here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information I have not, I was wondering if it was anyway to receive the information first before I go down that route
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The other problem you are going to have is that once an email address from Virginmedia has been deleted there is no way of undeleting the email address, and cannot be recreated for the same reason GDPR.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NickyC85 wrote:
Thank you for that information I have not, I was wondering if it was anyway to receive the information first before I go down that route

As well as handing complaints the ICO are there to offer advice, for example is the organisation correctly applying the GDPR when only offering to release the data to the email address associated with it?

Consider submitting a Subject Access Request for any information still held by Virgin Media for the specific email address to dpo@virginmedia.co.uk (source: Virgin Media Privacy Policy)

FYI: be aware organisation only hold data necessary to the operation of their business so historical data such as which email addresses belonged to which account may no longer exist.

0 Kudos