Menu
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email address has been changed by someone

Sorry to bother you but someone has accessed my account and changed my email address from my blueyonder.co.uk one to a virginmedia.com one.i cant find out how to get my old email address back as it's my main one.

Thank you steve

0 Kudos
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked

My blueyonder.co.uk email has been replaced with a virginmedia one and I have not done it. I cant get any emails as the blueyonder.co.uk is my primary one. Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email address has been changed by someone

@Mgste wrote:

Sorry to bother you but someone has accessed my account and changed my email address from my blueyonder.co.uk one to a virginmedia.com one.i cant find out how to get my old email address back as it's my main one.

My blueyonder.co.uk email has been replaced with a virginmedia one and I have not done it. I cant get any emails as the blueyonder.co.uk is my primary one. 

A couple of intriguing posts. A bit more background is definitely needed.😉

Where are you looking to find out that your email address has been changed? In your 'My Virgin Media' account? There is a sign in link on this page https://my.virginmedia.com 

If so how are you accessing it because that requires you to sign in with your Primary Address which presumably is/was your Blueyonder address?

An email address cannot be amended, it can be deleted though. Have you tried to sign into your Blueyonder email account directly? You can try that from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ just enter the Blueyonder address and your password.

Did you move house or leave VM at some point and then rejoin again later? If so your Blueyonder email address was probably linked to your original VM contract and was never moved over to your new contract.  It may be that VM have now deleted that address because it is not linked to a current broadband account.

This may well need one of the Forum Team (VM employees) to check up on exactly what is going on. One of them will contact you via this forum and get the necessary details from you privately.  (Do not post the email addresses here.)

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I stopped getting emails at 5pm yesterday and tried all night.

I logged in to mg virgin media under my blueyonder.co.uk email and password. 

In the manage account section there are 2 email accounts. One for wife on a blueyonder.co.uk account and the other account is now a virgin media one with a stesiphone name. I have not had a iPhone for over 6 years. 

Thanks steve

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Mgste

logged in to mg virgin media under my blueyonder.co.uk email and password.

In the manage account section there are 2 email accounts. One for wife on a blueyonder.co.uk account and the other account is now a virgin media one with a stesiphone name.

Ok, then the final paragraph of my post applies.The Forum Team will contact you in due course.

Kudos to you for ditching the iPhone by the way. I have never had one, just use my trusty Nokia 1 (worth every penny of the £69 I paid for it) to pick up my emails when I'm out and about.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help in trying to sort it out

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked

Hi Mgste,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email account. 

Can you confirm that you have an active broadband account with us?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've had all parts at this house for 15years 

0 Kudos
Mgste
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please can someone help as I still cant get my emails.

I have current broadband package for over 15years. 

Thanks ste

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your email account.

I can look into this for you and see what is happening to your account but we would need to take the conversation privately to pass account security and confirm the details of your email account.

I will pop over the private message in a moment.

Regards

Steven_L