Menu
Bhogal99
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email adddess

Hi can I please get help to reset my old blueyonder email address, it’s disconnected from virgin media was working till last week and has stopped working, I’ve tried lots of passwords but nothing is being accepted 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Bhogal99
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email adddess

That link will not reset blue yonder email accounts only new virgin media accounts 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Bhogal99 wrote:

That link will not reset blue yonder email accounts only new virgin media accounts 

Not true.  Blueyonder is a legacy domain but it is still a Virgin Media email address.  Provided it's correctly linked to your Virgin Media broadband account, there's no functional difference in how it works.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bhogal99
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but my old blueyonder account is not linked to my current virgin media hence I need to find a way to reset the password a different way thanks 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You might be able to do it via the Forgotten password route.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You're going to need to make a decision.  If the blueyonder email was taken out under a broadband account that was in your name, then it might be possible to do a move and transfer so that the old email profile overwrites the email profile linked to your current broadband account.

Failing that, if @Graham_A 's suggestion does't work, then one of the Forum Team might be able to get you TEMPORARY access back to your blueyonder address.  However this will be at their discretion and is usually a one time only thing.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bhogal99
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks as it’s an old account it’s not no longer linked to my virgin media I have checked with them, I need to find an alternative way to get into my blueyonder account temporarily to remove my mails and setup another email address for other forums and apps but I need to get into my blueyonder account first any help appreciated thanks 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bhogal99,

Thanks for posting 🙂

As the community have advised you do need an active broadband account in order to use the email service.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you to see if I can help unlock temporarily (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

But I do need to set the expectation that this may not be possible.

Alex_Rm