Menu
-SIMON-
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email accounts no longer associated with my virgin media account

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me because talking to VM on the phone has made my issue worse!

Apologies in advance as this is a long one.

I have been a loyal customer of VM since the days when it was blueyonder. I joined, had an online account and set up my @blueyonder.co.uk email account along with my wife and children. Virgin Media then took over and all was well. I could access my new virgin media account see the family email accounts and access email via the browser and via IMAP on my iPhone.

This has been the situation for many years and I stopped using the virgin media email through the browser because the iPhone worked perfectly to send and receive email.

Recently I have become concerned about email security and went to the virgin media site to change all the passwords for our email accounts to something longer and more complex. Herein lies the problem, when logging in to my Virgin media account it doesn't recognise me and I have changed nothing. The strange thing is that me and the family are still sending and receiving email with no problem on our devices.

I tried viewing all the help articles and tried resetting my account password using the links etc but they all took me back to an error page. So I called VM and after trying to explain my problem, which seemed to take forever but I won't go in to that. I was told that I no longer had a VM account !?!

I don't know where my old account has gone, I haven't left VM at all, I have not changed anything or asked for it to be remove they just decided to delete my account. So the nice lady helped to create a new VM account and associated it with my @blueyonder.co.uk email address and I can get in to the account and see my bills etc. Perfect I thought, I can simply go in and change the passwords to my families email account and view my email whilst there.

The result is that none of the email accounts for my family are associated with this new VM account so I still can't change their passwords and when I try to view my email via the VM email link I get a message saying the following,

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have waited for over a week and can't summon the will to call VM back and try to explain this mess. This forum is my last attempt to get this fixed before I give up and migrate everyone away to a new email address which is going to be a pain seeing as these have been used for over 20 years.

It looks like my email accounts have been orphaned from the original primary account that was setup.

This is a real problem because I have effectively lost control to 4 email accounts and if any of these get compromised I am real trouble. I'm thinking maybe my only option is to migrate away from using these older blueyonder accounts. It's almost like VM want to kill these off and so are reluctant to help users when they have these problems. Maybe I'm wrong but can anyone help or offer any advice on where to go from here?

Many thanks.

Simon.

0 Kudos
Maddy3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email accounts no longer associated with my virgin media account

Dont think I can help you but I do sympathise.  I am still using my blueyonder address.  They keep suggesting I change it.  Tried once - all hell broke loose.  So I reverted back the the 'blue'.  Hope you get it sorted soon.  If you manage to - would you please tell me how?  Sorry and good luck.  Maddy3

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email accounts no longer associated with my virgin media account

Hi -SIMON-, welcome to our community and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having issues with your email accounts.  I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos