cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email access

JoannaWoodburn
Joining in

Hi,

I need to access my old blueyonder email account but can't because I don't remember my password. 

It's been several years since I used the account. I have sent an email to it to test it and haven't received a 'failed message' email, so assume it's still active. 

The mobile number I had at the time is no longer in use, so I'm not sure what to do. 

Can someone please help? 

Joanna 

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JoannaWoodburn wrote:

It's been several years since I used the account. I have sent an email to it to test it and haven't received a 'failed message' email, so assume it's still active. 

Have you tried Virgin Media's "Forgotten Password" option?

If not use this link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  Enter the email address and answer the security questions when prompted. You may be able to set a new password and regain access to the account.

It's a bit of a long shot but you might be lucky, If not, post back here with an update and also advise whether or not you are still a VM broadband customer.

The only other option is to wait here until this post is picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum).  One of them will be contacting you via this thread in the next day or so. They may be able to help you but it depends on the technical status of the old email account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I have tried that and it didn't seem to even recognise my email address, as it asked if I was sure it was the correct one. 

I'm not a broadband customer. Literally just signed up to an email years ago and used it to set up Facebook. I've lost access to Facebook now and without a way into my blueyonder email, I'm locked out!

Hi @JoannaWoodburn,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been encountering some issues with your email address recently. If it's no longer linked to an active broadband account then it's very possible that it's since been deactivated and deleted - this typically happens within 90 days of the broadband account being disconnected and cancelled, but in some cases it can take longer before the system recognises this and those actions are taken.

However, I'm certainly happy to take a look and see if there's anything that we can do for you. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you in a few moments and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!