Menu
5iron75
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder.co.uk imap settings issue

Hi, I’ve been having issues with accessing blueyonder.co.uk account emails through iOS mail on iPad -

Had always been set to imap4.blueyonder.co.uk / smtp.blueyonder.co.uk, SSL enabled, ports 993 / 465 - stopped retrieving mails at app launch a few moths ago, I tweaked settings from Virgin support page, was able to reinstate retrieval / syncing without issue until a few days ago.

Now same issue; can’t retrieve blueyonder mail through the app, have changed settings to imap.virginmedia.com / smtp.virginmedia.com, SSL enabled, ports 993 / 465, keep getting the same error message ‘The IMAP server “imap.virginmedia.com” is not responding, check that you entered to correct information in the “Incoming Mail Server” field. 

Same error message also appearing when I try the old imap4.blueyonder.co.uk / smtp.blueyonder.co.uk. settings. All was working fine until Thursday.....very frustrating, have changed password and updated in iOS mail etc, have run out of ideas as have tried all else available on VM guides and forum threads.

Can anyone help please ? 

Much obliged 🙂

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder.co.uk imap settings issue

Hi 5iron75,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your email address. 

Would you be able to completely remove the email account from the app and the re-add it and see if you continue to get the error?

^Martin

0 Kudos