cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder.co.uk Hacked

TomBH
Joining in

Hi, I have a very old email address that is on the blueyonder.co.uk domain. It has been hacked and I need to urgently reset the password, but it won't let me do this via the usual channels suggested in the community forums I have looked at. Can someone contact me to look at this urgently please because the hackers have already used emails I've recevied to access other accounts and reset passwords and even make online purchases, so I need to resolve this ASAP please

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TomBH You say that this is an old email address but is it part of your current VM broadband account?  I suspect not based on your post.  The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this but they will need to know the answer to my question.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the quick response Graham. You're assumption is correct... I'm no longer a Virgin Media customer. What complicates matters further is that it was my parent's account and they can't find any account details as we're probably talking around 20 or so years! My address was a sub address from my Father's! I'll be able to provide my email address and the password, I'll also be able to confirm the home address & where the account was registered etc. If needed I'll also be able to get my parents to speak to someone to go through and required security. Awful situation, but hopefully easily resolved if I can get the password reset. Reluctant to fully delete account as it was only by receiving some emails to that address that I spotted the fraudulent activity. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey TomBH, thank you for joining the help forums and for your first post. 
A warm welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear of the old blueyonder email account being hacked and that you've lost access to it.

We'd love to help out, I can message you privately here soon so we can look into this if you want.

Please, be advised that due to the circumstances you explained above we can only assist by deleting this email so kindly let us know if you're happy to go ahead with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Adri, my preference would definitely be to reset the password and I'd be happy to explore whatever it takes to make that possible. Please do private message and we can take it from there - thanks again for prompt response

Hi Adri,

Not sure if I’ve missed anything but haven’t seen any private message. Is this something you or the team are still able to look into please?

Sadly TomBH, as confirmed we would only be able to delete the email address. 

I will private message you now to confirm the details. 

^Martin