Menu
Seaninpinner2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder & ntl emails switched off permanently ii

I really hope this isn’t true but I’m Now being told by the text support that Virgin Media no longer support blueyonder & ntl email addresses. This is after three times telling me they can fix this problem.

is this correct? Have our email accounts just been switched off? With no warning to do allow us to set up new email accounts.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder & ntl emails switched off permanently ii

Hello

Do you still have a VM broadband account and are the email addresses assigned to your account ?

If you don't have a VM broadband account then see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

When you login into the mail system at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox what error message are you getting ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mullac2001
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I hope this isnt true 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There is always a potential if your email addresses are not assigned to a valid VM broadband account then they can be deleted at anytime after 90 days, although some have been around much longer after the VM broadband account was closed, in the T&C it is quite clear that to use  a VM email address you have to have a VM broadband account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Mullac2001
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply but we all have active vm broadband Accounts . It’s affecting a lot of people if you read this forum . 

0 Kudos
Seaninpinner2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, yes I’m a VM broadband customer. This was the email address I set up when I originally joined what was then Telewest. Have always assumed it was linked to my broadband account as I could access it whenever I logged into My Virgin Media. Sean 

0 Kudos
Seaninpinner2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Meant to add. I get a forbidden message

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello

As you still a customer and as long it isnt linked then if you wait for a VM staff member they can do a move and transfer the email address to your Broadband account, beaware that it will remove any other email addresses assigned to your broadband account.

You can check the linking yourself at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers if they are not listed there then please wait for a VM staff member may take a few days.

Regards Mike

Seaninpinner2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So good news, my email is finally back online. Not sure what rubbish I was being told this morning. Suspect it may have been lost in translation somewhere along the line. Good to have my email back. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Thanks for your help & advice

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Seaninpinner2 wrote:

So good news, my email is finally back online.

That is definitely good news. However, did you follow the advice from Mike  (DJ_Shadow1966) in his last post?

To ensure that your Blueyonder account is safe you need to check for yourself at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers

The reason I say that is that if for some reason it is not linked to your current VM Broadband account it could be deleted at any time and that would be very bad news. As has been said, in addition to Virginmedia.com email accounts VM continue to support Blueyonder, Ntlworld and Virgin.net email accounts but only if they are linked to a live broadband account.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer