Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder alliasses removal

Hi, I still use my old Blueyonder email address. However a long time ago I added two alliesses and these are attracting spam in the Virgin mail. Who do I contact in Virgin to have these two alliesses removed.I realise I cannot do this myself as in the past.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder alliasses removal

Given the recent bad outcome of a similar request I would suggest you instead create a filter rule to move emails addressed to the aliases to your Spam folder. If the risk is acceptable then post back here to have the request flagged to the forum team. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.. Sadly I am doing this at the moment but it is a daily chore I could do without.  I am quite happy to retain my original Blueyonder mail address as it does not seem to receive these junk mails or I am considering removing Blueyonder and using another supplier. Why can Virgin not remove the aliases?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you have grasped the point of the reply you have been given. It is technically possible for VM to remove alias addresses, though the self-management facility was withdrawn several years ago when the e-mail systems of the separate companies were brought together under the single VM system. However our experience is that the process often goes wrong leading to a loss of all e-mails held under the primary account to which the aliases are linked and sometimes even disabling of the primary address. 

We were trying to alert you to this real risk. I would also never advise going down this path.

You are entirely free to change to another supplier for your e-mail. I reserve my VM address for VM communications only. Of course your primary address in BY will always need to be used for logging into My Virginmedia.

You are free to purse deletion with VM, but don't say you haven't been given fair warning of the risks that this entails.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to resolve this for a long time now. I think I have enough knowledge regarding the email problems and even reasons behind the spam emails. The biggest problem is trying to contact Virgin IT. How does one speak, email or message them? Whenever you try to contact them you are taken down a route not associated with the particular problem.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is the biggest problem that you can't contact VM about? What do you want to do that you cannot do at the moment that needs contact? Of course you don't get direct access to VM's second line support. Access is reserved via this Forum or via the front line CS staff. If we knew what your real issues were we might be able to advise further and better. Do you want VM to try and delete these aliases?  If so you can wait here for the VM staff on this Forum to pick up and they will raise a ticket to get the work done (on your own head be it if it goes wrong as it surely will) Are you worried about the spam (we all are and there is nothing much to be done, it's always a losing battle for ISPs)?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos