Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder account missing

Hi 

I've had a blueyonder account for a long time, however the account stopped working on mobiles sometime ago with errors reporting the server address does not exist. The account still works on my laptop with the same settings.

The issue is if i logon to my virgin account, there are no settings relating to my blueyonder address in my email account settings, its showing as 9 accounts available.

I can only assume that when I moved house a few years ago that the account wasn't migrated over. has anyone had this issue? and did they have to call support to get it resolved?

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blueyonder account missing

A very common problem. Addresses don't migrate over automatically. You have always had to ask. And in your case if you have created new e-mail addresses on your current VM account they will all be wiped away and the content lost  if you ask for your old address to be moved over (even supposing that is possible after this length of time). 

If that is what you want to explore wait here for a VM Forum Team member to take a look at the address and see if it is possible. It will only be possible in very limited circumstances and only if the the BY address was accessed since 2016 (looks like it was). 

Otherwise give up on the address now. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, really useful.. I use the account every day and actually I don't use the new address, so hopefully migration is still possible.

Fourm team, can you help me resolve?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JasonWr,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to use your old blue yonder email recently, 

As the address was from your old address if this wasn't brought over with you it may have now been deleted, I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos