cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder account locked and password reset not working

Jonpm
Joining in

My blueyonder email account stopped working 2 weeks ago. We’ve been around the houses trying to sort this out.  Part of the problem is that my VM account ended 3 years ago and I didn’t realise my email account would stop. However, my wife has a VM broadband account at our current address. We have been trying to link up my blueyonder account to my wife’s VM account, in the hope that I can again get access to my emails.  This is proving difficult because the password to my blueyonder account is no longer working. Trying to reset the password is proving impossible because the reset password link in the email we receive says it’s expired as soon as we open it. We rang the Faults team at VM who said they would send another email but have received nothing. We just keep going round in circles. 

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your only hope is for a VM staff member to pick this up and try to help.

If the email account has so far only been locked you may be lucky.  If it has already passed to the deletion stage then it has gone.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jonpm wrote:

My blueyonder email account stopped working 2 weeks ago. We’ve been around the houses trying to sort this out.  Part of the problem is that my VM account ended 3 years ago and I didn’t realise my email account would stop.

Sadly this is the reality of most ISP's, although a few will allow you to keep your email address - for a fee - the majority close down your account when you leave.

However, my wife has a VM broadband account at our current address. We have been trying to link up my blueyonder account to my wife’s VM account,

You can't do it the way you're trying to do.  Also while there is a move and transfer process, it would not be applicable in this situation.

in the hope that I can again get access to my emails.  This is proving difficult because the password to my blueyonder account is no longer working. Trying to reset the password is proving impossible because the reset password link in the email we receive says it’s expired as soon as we open it.

Not sure what you're doing here - but the reset password link is on the sign in page for your account at mail.virginmedia.com.  And doesn't send you an email either.

We rang the Faults team at VM who said they would send another email but have received nothing. We just keep going round in circles.

Again not sure who you spoke to, but they should be telling you the above. 

@ModTeam Would it be possible to see if you can temporarily get the OP access to their account so they can rescue their mails.

@Jonpm Note that given the situation you find yourself in, if VM can get you access back - and there's no guarantee you can - You can't link it to your wifes account. The change username option - for example - will only allow you to change the way you access the primary account.  For example by changing it to joebloggs@gmail.com it simply means that when you log in to webmail using the address jebloggs@gmail.com you end up viewing the email for fredsmith@virginmedia.com

I used this myself to use my own third party email address as my username to view my blueyonder emails - prior to my account being closed after I left Virgin Media.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help.

We were trying to link it up to my wife’s account because VM staff told us that if we had an account with them then my account would be unlocked.

We have sent test emails to my blueyonder account to see if anything pings back. We don’t get anything back to suggest the account no longer exists. VM staff have told us that my account is still there.

When I try to log into email on the email link at the top of the virginmedia.com page, I put in my blueyonder email address and click forgot password. It then sends a password reset link to  the main email address on my wife’s VM account. Sadly, when we click on this it says the reset link has expired. 

I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone to VM staff who are all really positive on the phone, telling me they can see my email account, telling me they are sending me an email, two of them last week said they’d changed my blueyonder password and then told me what it was. But  the reality is that I still can’t access my emails.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonpm

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding accessing your Blueyonder emails after your previous Virgin Media account linked to the email was closed. To explain, if you are not an active Virgin Media customer who holds a broadband account with us, then your email address will end. It normally ends 90 days after your broadband contract ends, however sometimes they can take a whole to be deactivated. Once an email address has been removed it cannot be activated or used again.

As it sounds like your email address has not been removed yet, I would like to see if we can sort out temporary access to your Blueyonder emails. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now.

Kind regards,

Serena