Menu
askey93
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email not working

Hi, 

I am trying to login to my blueyonder email account  (which I have been using for over 10 years now) via http://mail.virginmedia.com/ and its coming up with the following:

askey93_0-1615296508524.png

I then tried a different browser and its now saying the username or password is incorrect. It was only about a month ago I had full access to these emails via outlook 2003 however I recently got upgraded to outlook 2019 and I was able to see all my old emails dating back to 2010 etc but none of my new emails were coming through (newest one was around start of Feb) and also I'm unable to send, hence why I tried logging in via the virgin site.

When I selected the forgot password option and it prompts for the email/username i enter my blueyonder address and it says it cant be found.

Does anyone have any idea on this? Happy to provide any further info.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email not working

@askey93  Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?  If you do have you perhaps moved house or had a break from Virgin Media broadband since you first had the blueyonder email email address?

The symptoms you are seeing all point toward the account being orphaned.  More info here: Orphan-Email-accounts 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
askey93
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, I do, my current virgin media account is this one im using but the blueyonder one I believe is purely for email and it became inaccessible about a month ago but prior to that it was being used every day, just randomly stopped working one day.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@askey93 wrote:

Hi Graham, I do, my current virgin media account is this one im using but the blueyonder one I believe is purely for email and it became inaccessible about a month ago but prior to that it was being used every day, just randomly stopped working one day.

In that case the blueyonder account is definitely in the category of an orphaned account and, as such, is liable to closure by Virgin Media at any time.  It may be possible to get the blueyonder email address moved to your current account, but that would be at the expense of any email addresses currently used on that account.

The Virgin Media Forum Team will be able to advise further after they have had a detailed look at your account.  They will respond here in a day or so and are likely to request further information via the Private Message facility.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiaskey93,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome, I am sorry to hear your Bueyonder email from a previous account has stopped working, I will be happy to see if I can help.

I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos