cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Email - mailbox not available at the moment

MrsBL12345678
Tuning in

Hi,

I had emails yesterday morning from my blueyonder mailbox, but since then I keep getting the message saying “mailbox not available at the moment”

I have reset password (I have tried on different devices), but to no avail? 
I can log into Virgin media fine, but just can’t access blue yonder emails on website or via outlook etc.

any suggestions please as need these for work 🙏 even if I can just divert elsewhere would be fab.

9 REPLIES 9

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MrsBL12345678 wrote:

I keep getting the message saying “mailbox not available at the moment

When you get that error message Virgin Media's advice is to try resetting the password for that email account via the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address. That often unlocks the account.

Here's how to do that:

Sign in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the Blueyonder email address and existing password.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account rather than the webmail account for that address.

Once you have signed in, click on the "Update settings" tab and then on the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

After you have reset the password you should wait 15 -30 minutes before trying to access the email account.

If that does not work (it does not always 😉) then post back here.

If you are still a VM broadband customer one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to arrange to get that sorted for you. One of them will contact you via this forum thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrsBL12345678, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your email service, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm if you have followed the advice provided by coenoby? If so, has this helped?

If not please let us know and we will be able to look in to this further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi, sorry emails not working again???

not received any at all today. I’ve logged in to my work account and sent myself an email and copied in a friend who has received theirs, but still nothing to my blueyonder account. 
 There aren’t any on the web account either?

I have changed password online & removed/reinstalled account on phone & iPad, but to no avail 🤷‍♀️

any advice please 🙏

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MrsBL12345678, thanks for the new post and sorry to hear of the issues with your email account access.

Could you please confirm if you've still got active services with us currently?

Also, do you have access to your mailbox at the minute and does this show an error or other when you try sending an email out?

Please, share more and we're eager to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

yes we have active service with you. 

My mail App on phone says checking for mail, then shows as update at that date & time - so it thinks there’s no new mail.

when I log in to my emails via the Virgin media webpage it doesn’t show any new emails & no error messages. 

I can send emails online & in Mail app. 

I have logged in to my online Virgin media account on the website and set up a rule to divert emails to another email address that I don’t use (selected to keep a copy of the message). All new emails are going to diverted address. I’ve tested it with rule on and off but still nothing in online Blueyonder/virgin media mailbox.

There aren’t any other rules set up on the mailbox. 

I tried all of the usuals, clear cache, delete app & reinstalled etc but to no avail? 
Really odd it can see sent Emails but nothing inbound?

Thank you. 

Can you please check to see if the number alongside your inbox is changing when you are getting an email?

Also, can you please change the sort filter to 'date and descending' to ensure you are showing the latest emails first?

Please let us know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi,

no inbox number isn’t changing no emails are coming in either? Auto rule is currently n effect as this is my main email address, so cannot be without it. 
sort filter is always set to newest on top 🙂

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your Auto Rule set to retain a copy in VM webmail or delete on forwarding?  If the latter then your inbox count would not increase.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mrs B 👋 thank you for getting back to us! So sorry to hear about this issue with your email, I can appreciate it must be frustrating. Could you please let us know the following so we can help offer further support;

1) Do you have any folders set up within your email account that they could be filtering into? 

2) How have you been testing that emails cannot be received to this address? (Are you sending emails to yourself via another VM email address?

3) Have you tried removing the auto-forwarding rule, and then re-adding it? (Just so we can elimiate this as a possibility for cause of the issue). 

You also mentioned that you have recently changed password for your account - If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client.  Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox app password management. You can see this discussed a little further in this thread 👉 Login rejected - Virgin Media Community - 5314886. 
You should also be able to see more information about managing your email account here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly