cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Email, Windows 11 & Outlook 365

neomaximus2k
Joining in

Having issues with emails.  I've installed Windows 11 onto my system as a fresh install so setting up emails again.  When I try and setup the imap settings for email it is rejecting them saying it can't communicate to the server.

The system is connecting to SMTP as I can see the emails in the webmail being sent by outlook but it won't connect to IMAP.

I've reset the app password from the my account on Virgin but still no joy.

Any suggestions.

I've used the email settings from Blueyonder Email settings - Virgin Media Community - 3369477

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

They have had "issues" now for just over a week, They took the server down on the 30th (00:01 until 06:00) to "fix" some of the issues but the system appears to have been broken a bit worse.  That is, It's not working for anyone at the moment, view the first post in the list of topics under emails, first post has updates (when/if there is any).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

They have had "issues" now for just over a week, They took the server down on the 30th (00:01 until 06:00) to "fix" some of the issues but the system appears to have been broken a bit worse.  That is, It's not working for anyone at the moment, view the first post in the list of topics under emails, first post has updates (when/if there is any).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

neomaximus2k
Joining in

Thanks, I had a hunch it would be seeing as how I also lost all my emails from 2005, but it was allowing connections this morning before the re-install.

Hi @neomaximus2k 

Welcome to the community forums 

Our teams were working through the night to complete planned and essential work to our email service. This was carried out overnight to minimise disruption for our email users, but unfortunately we have since encountered some technical difficulties this morning which means email users may be experiencing intermittent issues with their email service. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Northwinds
On our wavelength

I still can't get IMAP working and apparently the issues are all now fixed?

Hey Northwinds, We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?