Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email Not Working

I've had my blueyonder email for over 15 years. I haven't been with Virgin for over 5 years but still been able to use it with no issues. So why yesterday did it stop working. IMAP incoming looks good, SMTP outgoing looks good. However, cannot receive (tested from secondary email but don't get an undelivered message) or send (stuck in outbox) emails. I get an Outlook error message saying

"We couldn't access this account: Blueyonder. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device.

When I click on the Fix Account icon it takes me to an Attention required window which asks me to update the password for this account. I do and still the problem persists.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks

DCB1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email Not Working

Hi DCB1,

I'm sorry your email account has stopped working, sadly there would be nothing we can do to get this back.

You do need to have an active broadband account in order to use the email service, this is usually removed 90 days after leaving us.

Sometimes if the email address is in constant use it can be missed, we do go through and do a clean up and as such, any email address no longer associated with an active account are deleted and removed.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos