Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email Hacked

Hi - I've had a blueyonder email account for a very long time and it's been hacked.  I no longer have Virgin media services and virgin told me this email would be closed 3 months after we moved in February.  It hasn't been closed and Someone has gained access to it and I can see, for example, they're trying to set up Instagram accounts with my address. However, when I try to log in to Virgin Email service, it doesn't recognise my username ... how can I change the password and lock this hacker out?I do not want the email account reinstated just closed so that it cannot be used or accessed by anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email Hacked

The VM Forum Team should be able to assist in getting this old account closed down properly.  They will respond to this thread but probably not before tomorrow.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi starashton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Very sorry to hear of this email issue. I'll happily help you sort this out now.

I'll PM you to arrange 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @starashton

Thanks for joining me on PM. I've raised this for deletion with IT now. Your reference is P01026890. 

This will be deleted within 5 working days

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help.  Its much appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IT have come back and stated it's been done 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos