Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email Aliases

Hi - I have an old Blueyonder email address with three other aliases attached to it. How do I go about either editing or removing those aliases that I no longer want to be using or have on my account?

For example, my main addresses is aaa@blueyonder but I also have bbb@blueyonder ccc@blueyonder and ddd@blueyonder and mail sent to those addresses/aliases comes through to my main account.

How would I go about removing for example the ccc@blueyonder address from my account?

Any help appreciated, I've read the forum, google searched, nobody seems to have an answer!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email Aliases

With Virgin Media Mail it is no longer possible to remove blueyonder alias addresses individually.  The only option is to delete the parent address which will remove it and all the aliases attached to it.  This is not possible, however, if the parent address is the primary address for the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thank you for your quick reply. Do you know if there is any way to contact Virgin Media directly to ask them to do it manually?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM staff will read this thread and respond if appropriate, however they have previously confirmed that individual aliases cannot be removed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks again. Yes I think I've seen replies to that effect, but I also saw at least one I thought where someone from VM replied to say they'd done it manually. If someone from VM is reading this and can message me, I'd appreciate that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanC1,

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can take a look at your email address for you.

Check the purple envelope for a message from me 🙂

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanC1,

Just a quick message to let you know, that the IT team have got back to me to and the alias has now been removed for you.

If there's anything else you may need, you know where to find us 🙂

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos