Menu
themagicpirate1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email Account Hacked

I've had a blueyonder email account for over a decade but lost access to it quite some time ago and just never worried about getting into it. It was linked to my parents account, and I had since moved on and had my own icloud address so never thought about it.

Recently, it appears that I have been hacked and would like to regain control if possible.

As I said, it was linked to my parents account, so when I try and change the password, it asks for that account code. I thought I could recall it, I was sure it was the format 'ab00c1234', where ab was their initials, the 00c bit seemed fixed and the 1234 bit was just a 4 digit number. But the various combinations I thought it was don't seem to work.

I have asked my mother to get her account number for me, but they have since left and rejoined VM, as well as moved house. I don't have much hope for their current details being mapped to their new ones?

My preference is to regain access to the account, but failing that I'd be happy for it to be shut down altogether as a worst case scenario.

In the first instance, is anyone able to clarify what the Account Code format was for the old Blueyonder accounts. If not, can someone here help me in shutting down the account?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email Account Hacked

@themagicpirate1 The account code being asked for would be the original account number of your parents VM (blueyonder) account not the email address.  The original blueyonder email addresses did take the form that you mentioned but these were replaced by a more friendly username soon after the merger of NTL and Telewest.

Anyway to your current issue.  The email address concerned, along with any other on your parents original account should have been deleted 90 days after they first left Telewest/VM.

There will be no way for the VM Forum Team to be able to get access to the email address, however they should be able to ensure it is fully deleted.

They will respond to this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Email Account Hacked

Hey @themagicpirate1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the problems with one of your old Blueyonder email accounts.

@Graham_A put that better than I could and unfortunately we would only be able to delete the email address from our system.

Please could you send me over a private message with the email address that you need to be deleted and we can get that arranged for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos