cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Email Access

slamdunc83
Tuning in

Hi,

As of yesterday I cannot access my blueyonder email account, neither web nor outlook mail client. I have not changed any details, but get the following error when trying to access:

slamdunc83_0-1648714627260.png

Have tried changing account password and updating, but nothing. Any help gratefully appreciated as currently can't send or receive any emails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@slamdunc83 Good, ask@Alex_RM  to see if a Move & Transfer is possible to get the blueyonder email addresses moved to your current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If  the email address concerned is still part of your My Virgin Media profile either as the primary account or an additional account then a password change will most likely unlock the account. 

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

You will then need to update the password in all the email clients you use to access the email (including webmail if added as an additional account).

Also you are not using the recommended server settings which can be found here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham.

Unfortunately this hasn't made any difference, same error as before, following both password change and server settings. In addition, what I can't understand, is why this would work Tues, but not Wed onwards, even with original server settings?

Chris

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What error message do you see if you try to access the blueyonder email address directly via VM webmail?  Make sure that you are signed out of any other VM account before trying.

Use this URL: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

On initially accessing and expanding the email:

slamdunc83_1-1648725681153.png

Then on going to the accounts section:

slamdunc83_2-1648725764829.png

This seems to persist regardless of old / new server settings or a password change

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you please try directly in webmail as I set out in message 4.  You must sign out of any other VM accounts first and then use the blueyonder email address to sign in with.

That's what the above is Graham, as per your suggestion

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry, but that isn't what the screen shots show.  They are showing you have added the blueyonder email address to another VM account webmail page.

If you check in the way that I suggest it should tell you whether the account has been locked by VM security or not.  This would be a mailbox unavailable message.

Apologies, think I see what you mean now (I don't use the default VM address), hope this helps..... below is the main panel:

slamdunc83_0-1648728076732.png

This is the account panel:

slamdunc83_1-1648728218753.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, that screenshot shows that you are currently logged into a VM webmail account to which you have added two additional blueyonder email accounts.

In order to check the individual blueyonder email address your first need to click on the hamburger icon to the left of the virginmedia infinity logo and select 'sign out' under the list of options.

Once signed out go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and sign in with the blueyonder email address and password.

What, if any , error message do you see?