Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Access

Im having problems with my blueyonder email account, ive had the account for years, literally all acoount/bills are linked to this email however i only had access to it through an iPad the last 7 years, recently bought a new iPad as the old one gave up.

i have no idea what the password was and have no way of resetting it, in my virgin media account its linked as a secondary email, with a password yet, i cant seem to receive or send mail. 

ive tried several fixes, including the manual server options, pop3 etc etc, with no luck.

Is there any way of getting me access to this email or setting it so that any emails that are delivered to that email are forwarded to a chosen email?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder Access

Sign in to My Virgin Media with your Primary account details, go to the Manage accounts tab and select the secondary account concerned and then click on View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

You should then be able to reset the password.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yeah ive tried that but once i changed the password in that section and then try to sign into the mail app on iPad it tells me the password is still incorrect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After you make the password change check that you can sign into the account in VM webmail before trying it on the iPad.

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yeah i can sign into that but that links to the @virginmedia email rather than the @blueyonder one. inbox is always empty for me, a while back we called up to try and sort it and on virgins end they could see the emails in the inbox 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You need to log out of the Virginmedia account before you try and sign in with the blueyonder address and password.  Alternatively use a different browser to try the blueyonder account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i might be doing something really dumb but even when i log in using the blueyonder account the email is still the virginmedia one, im a little confused to say the least

my virgin media main account is @blueyonder

however on email the @blueyonder is the secondary email

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a suspicion that this maybe down to an issue with usernames having been changed at some point.

Another of the VIP community members posted some help stuff about this a while ago, but sadly I didn't bookmark it.  Let's see if he can help, although can't say when he will next be around. @ravenstar68 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yh i feel like something has changed working fine last week , im hoping someone at virgin are just able to divert all emails to a alternate email for a bit if not permanently so i can sort out my accounts elsewhere, thanks for the help so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have a single sign on system that works in tandem with but at the same time slightly separately to the email system.

Virgin Media accounts have the following addresses.

email address
Single Sign on Username - normally defaults to the email address on the account
Notification address - Normally defaults to the email address on the account.

Note this applies also to secondary accounts - it's just what users can do with secondary accounts is limited.

With blueyonder this first address you were given defaults to your initals and a series of numbers and letters but you were given the opportunity to change these to a more friendly one, which became the primary login.

Now for the fun part.

The Single Sign On username for an account can be changed to another email address - ideally this SHOULD always be a third party address IMHO but in the past it's certainly been possible to change it to another Virgin Media controlled email address, doing so is NOT recommended, I broke the account slightly while testing this and IT had to fix it.

As an example to log in to webmail or my Virgin Media - I currently use myaddress@mydomain.com coupled with My Virgin Media password and it allows me to read my blueyonder mail etc.

So what appears to have happened is that the Single Sign On username for the account secondary@virginmedia.com has been changed to primary@blueyonder.co.uk 

It certainly fits with the symptoms you are describing.

We need someone from Virgin Media to take a look.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more