cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueband not working on Mail or Outlook

RoyAls
Tuning in

Since the major outage in late June I have been unable to access my Blueyonder account via Mail or Outlook (no problem since the outage was resolved on a separate Virginmedia account or via the app). Have spoken to four different people at Virgin Media, none have been able to help. Being asked the verify identity but no one can tell me how. Now told by the fifth person that there has been a problem since 14 June! No end in sight of the disgraceful situation. Anyone had any luck with a similar problem.

16 REPLIES 16

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there RoyAls,

Through the MyVM account are you able to navigate to the following to update 3rd party apps;

- Once signed into MyVM go to "Account Settings"

- Then Virgin Media Mail settings

- From there generate a new App passowrd.

- Once done try to update your selected apps with the new details

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Kain

As you will see from previous messages, I have already changed my password twice since this problem began so surely this is unlikely to solve the problem. On one Outlook tablet we are being asked to sign in, but when we do we are asked to verify our identity but no one at VM can tell me how to do this. I found a page regarding this on the VM account but it is showing that it won't be working for a few days and has been saying that for a month. Is there no one at VM who can help me resolve this?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay,

Was this reset from the steps provided in my prior message or through Account details?

As the steps there are for the 3rd party apps used.

Thanks,

Kain

Yes, used the method you suggested and redid it again this am, still no luck. In desperation I visited my local computer repair shop. They spent 30 mins checking the settings and found they were all correct. They believe your major outage may have altered the permissions for my account and will need to be corrected by VM. 

Any suggestions as to who I contact to achieve this?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustraiton caused, 

There was an issue raised with this however it's been advised as resolved.

So this is also confirmed can you attempt the following steps;
Generate a new E-mail App Password

- Sign in to My Virgin Media 
- Go to Account settings, then Account details 
- Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail 
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password 
Continue and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked 
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Regards,

Kain

Brilliant - that worked on all our tablets/laptops. Thanks for your help.

Hi Royals 👋🏼.

Glad to see what Kain advised helped.

If you ever need us, remember we are one post away.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide