cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueband not working on Mail or Outlook

RoyAls
Tuning in

Since the major outage in late June I have been unable to access my Blueyonder account via Mail or Outlook (no problem since the outage was resolved on a separate Virginmedia account or via the app). Have spoken to four different people at Virgin Media, none have been able to help. Being asked the verify identity but no one can tell me how. Now told by the fifth person that there has been a problem since 14 June! No end in sight of the disgraceful situation. Anyone had any luck with a similar problem.

16 REPLIES 16

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RoyAls thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Can you please advise if you can log in via Virgin Media webmail please, are you able to access the account on there?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes, can access via Virgin Media app but not Mail or Outlook for my Blueyonder account. The mention VM of a specific outage since 14 June is irrelevant as my Blueyonder was working on all platforms up to your major outage (on 18 June?)

Thanks for getting back to us RoyAls 

Have you checked all your settings?  Are all your passwords synchronised?  You may wish to sign out of all clients etc, change your password then retry?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Wroebots74 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your email address on any platform.  Have you had any error messages at all?  Also, with the webmail option, have you tried an alternative web browser? For example, google chrome.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes, changed password shortly after problem started and then again when Customer service gave me a temporary password. It made no difference. Strangely, my tablet is operating on the Virgin app on the temporary password, my wife's tablet is still on the previous password yet both work on the app but neither on Mail or Outlook. Virgin Customer Service have been unable to suggest anything other than change password or subscribe to the Gadget Rescue team at an additional cost. That is not going to happen! Surely someone may VM must know how to fix this. I repeat, everything was fine up until your major outage a month ago, our Virginmedia email account is working fine on all platforms. I agree that it is probably the settings, but which ones?

Thanks for your reply, the settings needed can be found here.

Please do let us know how you get on with this. 

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Not sure if my previous reply was received but, settings seem to be OK. They are exactly the same as my fully functioning Virginmedia email address. Tried to sign in via GMail but initially had a message saying 'email security not guaranteed' so altered to None but then had 'Cannot connect to server'.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Royals 👋🏼.

Thank you for responding back to us☺.

Is your Virgin Media email address working for you?

Are you able to send and receive emails?

Have you tried this on another device?

Please let us know. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, Virginmedia email account is fully working on all platforms.

Blueyonder is working fully via Virgin Media account site but stopped working at all on Mail and Outlook from 23.17 on 18 June. No problem at all before then. This problem exists on two android tablets and a Windows 11 laptop.